Licensing & Permits

For questions regarding licensing and permits, please contact the City Clerk.

City Clerk - Jessica Hill


    Business licenses are valid until December 31 of the year of issuance. All existing businesses within the City of Florence are required to submit a business license application and pay a $50 renewal fee on an annual basis. The business license renewal fee is due each December 1 and payable to the City of Florence on or before December 31 annually. First-time applicants (opening a new business) applying between January 1 and June 30 will be charged the full $50 business license fee. First-time applicants (opening a new business) applying between July 1 and December 31 will be charged a $25 fee but will be charged the $50 renewal fee upon submission of their business license renewal application for the following year.

    Please print the 2022 Business License Application and return to City Hall with payment or follow this link to complete online:

    The application fee must be paid online before your application will be processed. Please see above for information on fees. Click here to pay online.


      To obtain a contractor license through the City of Florence, only payment and proof of liability insurance (minimums below) are required. On the Certificate of Liability, the City of Florence must be listed as the Certificate Holder. 
      Limited: $50 licensing cost per calendar year. Minimum coverage: $500,000 each occurrence, $1,000,000 aggregate
      General: $100 licensing cost per calendar year. Minimum coverage: $1,000,000 each occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate. 

      Licenses are valid through December 31 of the year of issuance.

      Copies of insurance may be mailed to City Hall with a check for the aforementioned amount, pay online then complete the online 2022 Contractor License Form
      To pay online, click here.

      Insurance will NOT be kept on file without license payment, so be sure to provide both on the same day to prevent delay in receiving your license.


      For information regarding Peddlers Licenses, please use the following links: 

      Peddlers License Application



      Off-Highway Vehicles

      OHV Permit Information and Application



      The updated sign code will be added to this section once it is updated in MuniCode.

      Special Events

      Special Event Applications MUST be received at least 15 days prior to regularly scheduled Council Meetings

      Special Event Permit Application