From the Desk of the Chief
Welcome to the Florence Police Department Website! My name is Shane Prickett. I began my career with in Florence in June 2003 as a Reserve Officer. After becoming a full time officer in October 2003, I was promoted to Sergeant in 2007, then Lieutenant in 2012. I was appointed to the position of Chief of Police on November 15th, 2019.
The Florence Police Department currently consists of: Chief of Police, Deputy Chief, Lieutenant, 2 Sergeants, 2 Detectives, School Resource Officer, 6 Patrol Officers and 2 Reserve Officers.
Some of the goals of the Florence Police Department are as follows:
- Vigilant proactive policing - instead of reactive
- Community Policing – walking, talking, listening & understanding members of our community
- Strong intergovernmental agreements with local, state and federal agencies
- Maintain the long term stability of the School Resource Officer program
- Engage our young adults and build a strong Police Cadet program
- Provide the highest quality police services to the people who live in, work in and visit our community
I am honored to serve the citizens and visitors of Florence! I know that in my time as Chief of Police that the officers and I will meet and exceed all of the goals listed above.
Chief Shane Prickett